Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Drifts

I'm on a roll.. LOL I'm not even sure if anybody reads this little blog of mine. If you do, please give me a holler and let me know you came by.

Today is round 2, day 2 for snow days. We've gotten about 6" of snow since Monday night. Monday morning we woke up to ice everywhere. The roads were so bad. I was so nervous driving to work. There were accidents everywhere. People not being able to just "go" after they had stopped at a sign or light. Buses were late picking up, late dropping off at school. It was just plain awful. So yesterday was declared a snow day, as is today. It is soooo cold outside (-15 windchill). Hubby started out to work about 6AM and got stuck right outside our neighborhood. Most of the outlets were blocked, so he found a way he thought he could maneuver. No such luck. He was stuck. He had his shovel with him and tried to shovel himself out. That didn't work. So he walked home to grab the snow blower to move the snow that was blocking his way, after he was able to get the truck to move. Well, finally, Mr. Snow Plow Man came by and moved the snow out of his way so he could come back home. Poor guy. All this on top of a migraine he's battling this morning. Hope you have a better day honey.
Here is what some of the drifts look like in the backyard.

Can you see the drift by the fence? I took these while looking out from my glass door. It was too cold to actually open the door.

Look by the trees. So Pretty.

Well that's it for the day...or for now LOL

Have a great day everyone.

Love Jeanette


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Just wanted to let you know I stopped by! I am a new blogger and sometimes I wonder if anyone reads mine either! ;)

Found you through A Bowl Full of Lemons. Your binder looks great! Hope to get mine done and link up soon!

http://joeandmichellewhitesell.blogspot.com/

Michaele said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog and I am so tickled to have a follower from Nebraska. Glad to meet you and I will be following!

Maria Elena said...

Hi, Jeanette! Just wanted to let you know I am your new follower.
You are a Navy wife and I am a Navy mom. My son has been serving for almost two years now in the US Navy.
And, I am also a "retired" Army wife. LOL
Love your blog! Come visit me anytime!