Sunday, January 30, 2011

Obviously I've been away for a long time

Happy New Year everybody!
What have I been up to you might ask? Well, let me tell just tell you. I got real busy with everybody going back to school and the boys playing football, last fall.
When football starts, it's a fulltime job for me. Practice is 3 days per week, with a 4th day filled with games.
Once football was over, I had one kid playing basketball and 2 kids playing roller hockey. This took up 4 days per week, with the others left to do everything else that need done.
Next was Christmas. We drove over 1500 miles to have Christmas with our family for the fist time in like 11 years. What a blast that was. It was wonderful to see the fam, while celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus. My mother in law really made our visit extra special.
Now we have 1 kid wrestling, 1 kid playing hockey, and 1 taking a break.
While all of this was going on, we worked very hard on our son's room that we're building downstairs in the basement. It didn't help that we are so out of our comfort zone when doing anything down there. We had help with getting the dry wall up and most of it mud and taped. When we felt like we couldn't do anymore, hubby started puting out feelers and found a guy to finish the mud and texture the ceiling. It turned out so good. When we came home from vacation we painted, put down some temporary carpet, and moved the kid in. What a difference it has made having him down there and all the kids having their own rooms. There's less fighting and arguing and less clutter.
So there you go...my life summed up in a nut shell. This next year holds some significant changes mine and my family's lives. I hope you can check back ever so often to say HI!

No comments: