Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Watcha Working on Wednesday

It's Watcha Working on Wednesday and the kids and I are home on a snow day! It's snowing and will continue to snow all day. I've never lived in a place with such crazy weather. But I still love it!!!

Two of the boys are over at friends house, and the grounded son is currently snow blowing the driveway.

So here's what I've been doing lately...





We got a new sofa. It was delivered last night. I'm not sure how prim it is with it being made of leather, but with kids I want something I can just wipe down. I'll make some cute little pillows to add some interest, I think.



Here's my problem though. I have a coffee table that's black and an entertainment center that's dark oak. I think I should probably do something with the coffee table and maybe the end table that's not pictured. Any suggestions would be great!







Excuse the mess. I wanted to get this done before I got too distracted.


Last summer I bought some paper mache boxes at Hobby Lobby. When I got home I shoved them under by bed for lack of better storage, and didn't think about them again. Well, I drug them out on Sunday and here they are. I still need to put the stain on them, but I'm pretty happy with them.






Our nephew's girlfriend had a baby on New Year's Eve so I wanted to make him something. I saw something in Country Sampler though I thought was pretty cute, overly priced, and pretty easy to make on my own.




Of course you can't tell, but his birth date and weight is underneath his name. The little guy will have hair and a face LOL!
So that's it. Head over to http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/2010/01/whatcha-working-on-wednesday.html to see what everybody else is working on today.

4 comments:

motherbee51 said...

first i would do a few things to the living room black is fine with a primitive country look and if you ask anyone i know they will tell you motherbee loves black the sofia is beautiful but needs to blend with the room add a black and tan throw , and black and tan checked throw pillows, add a rug in front of the sofia in black tan and the color of your sofia, i would change the lights paint them black or add prim shades in black and tan the possibleies are endless in that room !i for one love the black coffie table and would look for a rocker at the local goodwill , or thrift store and paint it black also plack is a very primitive country color as we as it adds elagance to you room 2nd i love the stichery you made your friend mother

Tasha Posey said...

Your boxes turned out great! I became a follower of your blog. I cant wait to see what you work on next.
Tasha

Leslie said...

Your coffee table does not have to match the entertainment center...no sirree! You seem to like the Prim look and it's perfectly acceptable to mix stained and painted pieces with Prim. Many people paint all of their wood items but you can still have a mix. I tend to choose a few colors for a room and keep the pieces in those colors. And no, everything doesn't have to be black. Black is a great Prim color and it does look great on most pieces but it does not mean every piece of wood in your house now needs to become black. I think you can over do it...All you have to do is add more black in and the coffee table will be the perfect fit! The general "rule" is to add at least 3 items in that are the same color. You can buy items or paint other items you have already.

Great work on your stitching! It becomes SOOO addicting! If you're looking for more freebies, I try to label my posts with free stitchery patterns as such, just click on the labels in the right hand column of my blog. I have lots of stuff on there from last year :)

Have a great day and thanks for participating :)

Leslie

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Hi! I'm Donna and I linked up to your post from Leslie's blog. I love how your stacking boxes turned out! I've got to find me some of those! And I really like the stitchery you are doing for your nephew's new baby! I have been thinking about doing one of those for one of my friends for her anniversay with a stick figure of her and her hubby and their wedding date. I have signed on to follow you. Check my blog out if you have a spare minute ~ I'd love for you to follow me too!
Hugs,
Donna