Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not that I'm very good at posting on here, or that I have many readers, but I thought I'd close out 2009 with a last post of the year.
Today we did some grocery shopping and a little other shopping. We were looking for new snow pants for the kiddos. Aaron's old ones are too small, Jordan's has a hole in his, and Noah just wants a pair that are pants and not bibs. We found them at Target. Yay Target. I love Target.
We also bought me some Cuddle Duds. Everybody (3 boys and hubby) wants me to go outside and play with them, but I just don't have the gear for it when it's snowy and wet and freezing. When we got home I tried them out. They're great! I can't believe I've lived in Nebraska for 4 years without them.
We were also looking for snow boots. My problem is I have wide feet and freakishly big calfs. Target didn't have anything for either me or my husband. I suggested TJ MaXX to at least look, but I also had an alterior motive for going there. I heard through the blogging grapevine that they had a cute prim decor line. So I didn't find boots that would work for us, but I did find a cute little prim doll and some ornies for 1/2 off. I was so excited.


The little tags are tree ornaments I bought on clearance at Shopko 2 days ago. Next stop was Dick's Sporting Goods. Nothing! Then we drove to Famous Footwear. We found some Columbia boots that will work. They're men's but they're wide enough and will actually go over my big calves. The great thing is they were having a BOGO 1/2 off sale, so hubby got a pair for him. He need some as his old boots are snow board boots he bought like 13 years ago when we lived in California. They have a hole in them and the snow was getting in. Since he's the one that snow blows the driveway, we definitely need to keep him warm and cozy LOL!

Now we're home and we're just going to hang out for the night. We're going to eat some pizza rolls, buffalo wings, and cool veggie pizza. We bought some cider to toast the new year in, if we make it that long LOLI hope everybody has a safe and fun night.

Cool Veggie Pizza:

1 tube of crescent rolls

1 pkg of cream cheese; softened

1 1/2tsp mayonnaise

2 TBSP dill mix (pampered chef)

salt and pepper

Roll out the crescents into a 12" circle on a stone or pizza pan. Cook at 375* for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Mix the other ingredients together and spread on a cooled crust.

Add chopped veggies. I like carrots, celery, broccolie and red onions; but you can use anything.

Enjoy!

Happy New Year!!


No comments: