Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's been so long...


So for a long time, like a few years, i've really liked the primitive country look. One night I was Googling I think quilts and some how found http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/. I'm not sure how I got there, but I'm so glad I did. I have been truly inspired to explore my crafty side and decorating my home. It just seems so bare and needs a lot of work to bring it to a homey state.

Today is Watcha Working on Wednesday at My Country Home so I thought I would participate. My 6yo is home "sick" today with an ear infection. I had to pick him up early from school yesterday. I'm hoping he's better for tomorrow. He tends to get a little antsy when he's home and he's not completely down, so we took a ride to a thrift store a few miles away. I've only been in here one time but I didn't have my eyes wide open for all the hidden treasures. Today I found 2 scoop candle holders, a shelf, 2 small baskets, and a little wooden rooster. A few days ago I found this coffee table for my livingroom. We need one so bad. It was painted white with a horrible paint job. Here is my 6yo helping w/ the sanding. Sorry it's so blury... Well, darn. I tried to post the picture below, but it somehow ended up on top. Oh well. It's been so cold outside that I think I'll have to drag my table inside to the basement so we can get it finished.
I'm also working on Fuzzy Buddy present for work. It's a cross stitched book mark. I tea died some muslin so I can get started on making stuff.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Jeanette,
I don't know what to say :)....I read your post and I couldn't believe that stumbling into my blog led you to go with your heart and decorate how you really want to! Awww....I still can't get over the kind things that I hear about myself from my blog :) I am truly happy that you realized it's time to follow your heart. Enjoy the journey :)

I can't wait to see what you do with your stuff :)

Hope your sick kiddo feels better soon!

Have a great day!

Leslie