Sunday, March 22, 2009

I have been busy!!!!

I have been so inspired with so many great blogs about primitive decorating, stitchery and trash to treasure projects that I've made myself pretty busy for the last couple of weeks. The first thing i did was sold my big china hutch that was taking up MUCHO room in my dining area. Of course I had to put something in that space so I went on the hunt. I ended up at a thrift store and the above picture is what I found. I painted the shelf and the 2 scoop candle holders and hung them up. Now the shelf isn't arranged how I want it right now, but I'll get there. I ordered some pip berries to go w/ my candle holders but they were out so didn't send them.







The hubby and I were talking and decided we were ready to put a coffee table back into our living room. One day I visited Goodwill to just see what I could see and walked in and spotted a great coffee table. Well it was white so definitely needed repainting. I didn't do that great of a job, but I figure when I get tired of looking at it, I can always sand it down and repaint.





Well, I've always wanted a corner cabinet that I'll put in my eating area. I looked all over online, and they can be pretty pricey. So one day i went into the Salvation Army and what do I see? A corner cabinet. Right now it's sitting in the garage airing out and I'll clean it up then probably paint it red.


I've always wanted to have those cute little samplers, but either I can't find them or I do and they are expensive. Off and on I've looked at different patterns to buy online but for some reason I never bouhgt any. Well in my computer travels, I found some awsome blogs and websites offering free patterns. I found one that is a quilters block a month. It's for a Christmas quilt. The blocks are so pretty. Here's where I got my free patterns http://gailpandesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/a-.html
I haven's attached any of my blocks to fabric yet. I've been out looking for Christmas fabric, I just haven't found any I like yet.
I think that's it for now. I hope to be back later this week.











No comments: